March 28, 2018 By now we hope you have heard the EXCITING NEWS: GA Senate Resolution 761 passed to create a study group for including dyslexia in the state education code! Thanks to each of you for joining IDA in contacting your legislators!
We plan to be part of the effort to form this committee – and we will look to you, our parents and partners, for guidance and support.
Along with our partners, Decoding Dyslexia Georgia and others, we will be supporting the following goals:
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
Read the resolution here: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20172018/173137.pdf
Follow us on Facebook and here on our website ga.dyslexiaida.org and Decoding Dyslexia at www.decodingdyslexiaga.com.
Laws and Local Policies
What are the dyslexia laws in other states? Click here and scroll down to the map of the US: https://dyslexiaida.org/
US Department of Education, IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act) Information
Includes Statute and Regulations
Share this page with your friends…