Thank you all for attending the outreach event on 2/20/20 at Valdosta State University.
For those of you who attended via Livestream, you had witnessed our first attempt at using Zoom for a large scale event. While it was not perfect, we can assure you we have learned what we need to do to provide a better viewing/listening experience on our next attempt.
Here is some information we feel might help you process more deeply the presentation and possibly answer your lingering questions:
- Renee Bernhardt and Judith Cohen’s Participants’ Guide PowerPoint.
- GaDOE Dyslexia Informational Handbook: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A136f9f92-a936-4b55-a907-77259a5670cc
- Georgia’s Dyslexia Page, State Department of Education: https://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Special-Education-Services/Pages/Dyslexia.aspx
- Resources for those new to Dyslexia including information on making what is called a “Direct Parent Referral” for Special Education Evaluation by your school: https://www.facebook.com/notes/decoding-dyslexia-georgia/resources-for-those-new-to-dyslexia/2020803231379746/
- Georgia’s Special Education Parental Rights page: https://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Special-Education-Services/Pages/Parent-Rights.aspx
If your questions were not addressed during the discussion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will put the panelists and others to work. You are also welcome to email the individual panelists directly.