Applications for Scholarships for Teachers and School Administrators
The goal of the IDA-GA Scholarship Program is to offer scholarships for individuals taking courses in structured literacy professional education methodologies that provide the ability to educate students with dyslexia. For more information about structured literacy and courses, visit https://ga.dyslexiaida.org/parent-and-teacher-training/.
If you are a public school educator in Georgia looking for a dyslexia endorsement program approved by the state, please be sure to read the newly created (released 12/4/2021) guidance document regarding selecting one of these approved dyslexia endorsement programs: IDA Dyslexia Endorsement Program Guidance Document.
Scholarship funds may be used for materials and/or course fees. Applicants are eligible for scholarships up to 50% of the cost of the course to a maximum of $500. Awards will be paid once proof of enrollment and payment is received, and scholarships must be used within one year of being granted. Scholarships in this program are not intended for use for attendance to conferences. Those awards will be found under the respective conference themselves.
Preference will be given to applicants who have one or more of the following:
- Have a history of successfully taking courses in an approved structured literacy methodology or other professional training
- Can provide details as to how they will apply the learnings of the course within their classroom and/or school
- Are teaching in an underserved school and/or district where application of structured literacy methodologies are not widely practiced and want to serve as an advocate
- Are members of IDA and/or have volunteered at IDA events
- Scholarships are awarded quarterly. Due dates for applications are January 1, March 1, June 1, and September 1. Award decisions will be made by February 28, May 31, July 31, and October 31 respectively. Winning applicants will be notified by email. Their names may also be published on the IDA-GA website, social media, and newsletters.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to IDA-GA. The application form is below. Applicants can apply for scholarships for courses they plan to take at any time within a year of being awarded the scholarship.
- A committee consisting of IDA-GA board members will review the applications. The committee reserves the right not to award any monies if the quality of the applications is insufficient. The decision of the committee is final.
- For extraordinary circumstances, the committee will review applications received after deadlines. These circumstances must be explained on the application.
Georgia Educator and Administrator Scholarship ApplicationIDA-GA raises funds through the annual IDA-GA Dyslexia Dash and IDA TeamQuest to provide teacher training scholarships. IDA-GA invites Georgia teachers and school administrators interested in attending a structured literacy training course to submit a completed scholarship application for review and consideration. IDA-Georgia scholarships applicants are eligible for scholarships up to 50% of the cost of the course to a maximum of $500. Scholarships are awarded quarterly with applications due January 1, March 1, June 1 and September 1. Award decisions are made by Feb. 28, May 31, July 31 and October 31 respectively. A committee consisting of IDA-GA board members will review all applications. The committee reserves the right not to award any scholarships and the decision of the committee is final.
Share this page with your friends…