IDA-GA Scholarship Application for Teachers and Administrators
Applications for Scholarships for Teachers and School Administrators
The Goal of the IDA-GA Scholarship Program is to offer scholarships for individuals taking courses in structured literacy professional education methodologies that provide the ability to educate students with dyslexia.
Scholarship funds may be used for materials and/or course fees. Applicants are eligible for scholarships up to 50% of the cost of the course to a maximum of $500. Awards will be paid once proof of enrollment and payment is received, and scholarships must be used within one year of being granted. Scholarships in this program are not intended for use for attendance to conferences. Those awards will be found under the respective conference themselves.
Preference will be given to applicants who have one or more of the following:
- Have a history of successfully taking courses in an approved structured literacy methodology or other professional training
- Can provide details as to how they will apply the learnings of the course within their classroom and/or school
- Are teaching in an underserved school and/or district were application of structured literacy methodologies are not widely practiced and want to serve as an advocate
- Are members of IDA and/or have volunteered at IDA events
- Scholarships are awarded quarterly. Due dates for applications are January 1, March 1, June 1 and September 1. Award decisions will be made by February 28, May 31, July 31 and October 31 respectively.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to IDA-GA. Application form is below. Applicants can apply for scholarships for courses they plan to take at any time within a year of being awarded the scholarship.
- A committee consisting of IDA-GA board members will review the applications. The committee reserves the right not to award any monies if the quality of the applications is insufficient. The decision of the committee is final.
- For extraordinary circumstances, the committee will review applications received after deadlines. These circumstances must be explained on the application.
Share this page with your friends…