IDA-GA Application for Education or Public Awareness Grants
Purposes of Grants
IDA-GA is offering funding for schools, districts, non-profit organizations, or professionals who will incorporate professional education opportunities to address the need to provide proper instruction for students with dyslexia and/or increase public awareness of Dyslexia. IDA-GA will award up to four grants of up to $10,000 each per application period. There are two application periods: one in the spring and one in the fall.
Grant monies may be used for materials, fees, travel, and substitutes:
- Funds are to be used for educational or advocational purposes within the State of Georgia targeting remediation of dyslexia through structured literacy practices and/or increasing awareness of dyslexia and alternatives for support, accommodations, advocacy, and education.
- Funds must be used within one year of the grant being awarded.
- The description for the program for which a grant is being applied should be specific including objectives, timelines, budget, and expected outcomes.
Preference for grants will be given to applications with one or more of the following:
- Requesting organization is matching at some level of participation to cover the cost of the program.
- Applications can quantify the number of participants being instructed or reached with higher numbers given preference.
- Applicants can provide a proven record of success and/or a method of measuring and ensuring success.
- Applicants providing structured literacy training can show that they will have qualified instructors with experience in providing such training.
- Applicants that are providing increased awareness of dyslexia can show that they have a unique approach and/or are covering an underserved audience.
- Applicants are members of IDA and/or have volunteered at IDA activities.
- Due dates for applications are March 1 and September 1. Award decisions will be made by April 30 and October 31 respectively. Winning applicants will be notified by email. Their names may also be published on the IDA-GA website, social media, and newsletters.
- A committee consisting of IDA-GA board members will review the applications. The committee reserves the right not to award any grant monies if the quality of entries does not meet the criteria. The decision of the committee is final.
- The committee will consider applications past the deadline if unusual circumstances prevail. Those circumstances should be outlined in the application.
- Winning applicants will be asked to submit a report back to the IDA-GA to demonstrate how effectively the money was used and how they fulfilled the goals mentioned in their applications.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the form below.
IDA-GA Grant ApplicationApplication to apply for Grants to schools, school districts, non-profit organizations or professionals who will incorporate professional education opportunities to address the need for remediation of dyslexia and/or to increase public awareness of Dyslexia. Grants are awarded twice a year. Due date for applications are March 1 and September 1 with successful applicants notified after April 30 and October 31 respectively. IDA-GA will award up to four grants of up to $10,000 per application period. IF funds are available, applications submitted after deadlines MAY be considered.
Share this page with your friends…